We invite you to learn more about Saint Paul’s Episcopal Church – a welcoming and friendly community of Christians in Evansville, Indiana. We hope that what you find on our website will encourage you to join us for Sunday worship. We know that we will be enriched by your presence.
Saint Paul’s is an historic parish, formed more than 150 years ago. We are proud of our roots and heritage; we are also excited about who we are now and who we are becoming. We are focused on being instruments of God’s compassion and reconciliation in the world. The Book of Common Prayer describes that mission of the Church in this way: “The mission of the Church is to restore all people to unity with God and each other in Christ… The Church pursues its mission as it prays and worships, proclaims the Gospel, and promotes justice, peace, and love… The Church carries out its mission through the ministry of all its members.” BCP 1979 p. 855
Our worship and Christian education, our ministry in the larger community and our fellowship events all help us to be equipped for the ministry God calls us to as our mission. We draw on the strength and encouragement we together find in God to be able to offer loving and compassionate care for those outside our doors. Inviting new people into our parish family to share our hopes and their dreams is a pleasure and a delight.
You have honored us with your visit to our website. You will find that you are always welcome at Saint Paul’s. If you are looking for a church home we would encourage you to join us for worship.
God’s peace be with you,Fr. Richard
Sunday, April 13, 2014
LESSONS FOR April 13: Isaiah 50:4-9a; Psalm 31:9-16; Philippians 2:5-11; Matthew 26:14-27:66.
- Sunday, April 13, is “Share on the Second” for the Food Pantry. Please remember your donations of soup, crackers, tuna, peanut butter, money and brown grocery bags.
- The final Lenten Morning Prayers and Breakfast is Monday, April 14, at 7 a.m.
- Tuesday, April 15, is the deadline for articles and schedules for the May newsletter.
- Saturday, April 19, is the Easter meal and our day to help with Sr. Joanna’s Table. Please volunteer.
- The Fellowship Committee is hosting a reception Easter Sunday morning, April 20, after the 10:30 a.m. service. Signup sheets for the reception are located in Webb Hall. Please indicate whether you’ll be bringing finger foods or sweets as well as assisting with either set up or clean up. Thanks for your support of this popular annual fellowship event.
- Envelopes for Lilies for Easter are at the church entrances.
- Remember to bring a note, card or small gift to support the children’s Lenten project for Feona Ward. Sixteen-year-old Feona will have her fifth hip surgery on April 27. There will be a basket at the piano each Sunday for your contributions.
God’s ways are not always our ways, but they are always the best. Therefore, we pray, “Your will be done.” Jesus prayed, “Father, if you are willing, take this cup from Me; yet not My will but yours be done (Luke 22:42).
Energizing Indiana is a united effort by the Indiana Office of Utility Consumer Counselor (OUCC), participating utilities and consumer organizations to offer comprehensive statewide energy efficiency programs. Sign up today to learn more and do your part to energize Indiana!
Saving Energy and Building the Economy
This innovative multi-utility, multi-year energy efficiency initiative has the potential to reach over 2 million Indiana residences and thousands of businesses. In the initial years of the initiative, it can save enough energy to power over 100,000 homes for a year! These energy savings will put money back in your pocket, while creating jobs and improving the economy and environment for all Indiana residents.
Get additional information at: http://www.energizingindiana.com