We invite you to learn more about Saint Paul’s Episcopal Church – a welcoming and friendly community of Christians in Evansville, Indiana. We hope that what you find on our website will encourage you to join us for Sunday worship. We know that we will be enriched by your presence. Saint Paul’s is an historic parish, formed more than 150 years ago. We are proud of our roots and heritage; we are also excited about who we are now and who we are becoming. We are focused on being instruments of God’s compassion and reconciliation in the world. The Book of Common Prayer describes that mission of the Church in this way: “The mission of the Church is to restore all people to unity with God and each other in Christ… The Church pursues its mission as it prays and worships, proclaims the Gospel, and promotes justice, peace, and love… The Church carries out its mission through the ministry of all its members.” BCP 1979 p. 855 Our worship and Christian education, our ministry in the larger community and our fellowship events all help us to be equipped for the ministry God calls us to as our mission. We draw on the strength and encouragement we together find in God to be able to offer loving and compassionate care for those outside our doors. Inviting new people into our parish family to share our hopes and their dreams is a pleasure and a delight. You have honored us with your visit to our website. You will find that you are always welcome at Saint Paul’s. If you are looking for a church home we would encourage you to join us for worship.
God’s peace be with you, Fr. Richard
Christmas Eve & Christmas Day Services
- 5 PM Christmas Eve Family Service
- 9 PM Christmas Eve Candlelight Service followed by a reception
- 11 AM Christmas Day Service
Father Richard Announces His Retirement
December 14, 2014
Mission Statement: Seeking God Loving People Changing the World
- We want to welcome to all of you today.
- We are glad you are here to worship and hope that you will join us in Webb Hall following the service for Coffee Hour.
- Sign-up in Webb Hall to bring food the Christmas Eve Reception.
- The Contemporary Worship Service is today at 5pm.
- The next Epistle deadline is tomorrow, so please send your articles to the office.
- A Roundtable discussion will be held in the sanctuary at 5:30 Wednesday to discuss HVAC for the sanctuary.
- Vestry will meet Thursday at 5:30 p.m.
- Saturday is our day for Sr. Joanna’s Table. This is the Christmas meal so extra help is needed.
- The Children’s Program scheduled for the 10:30 AM service next Sound has been rescheduled for January 4th.
- Envelopes are at each entrance for poinsettia donations in honor or memory of someone. Please include names on the envelope or check.
- If you have not had them and would like giving envelopes for 2015, please contact the parish office. Remember, in order for your giving to count for 2014 it must be postmarked by December 31.
In 1 John 4:16 we read, God is love.” God’s love is evident in his giving. “For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life” (John 3:16). Because of his love, God gave us the gift that we needed the most – our Savior. Out of love and gratitude for who God is and what he has done for us, we strive to live as Christ did. Through our giving, we become like him. The more we give from hearts filled with love and gratitude, the more we reflect Christ’s likeness.