We invite you to learn more about Saint Paul’s Episcopal Church – a welcoming and friendly community of Christians in Evansville, Indiana. We hope that what you find on our website will encourage you to join us for Sunday worship. We know that we will be enriched by your presence. Saint Paul’s is an historic parish, formed more than 150 years ago. We are proud of our roots and heritage; we are also excited about who we are now and who we are becoming. We are focused on being instruments of God’s compassion and reconciliation in the world. The Book of Common Prayer describes that mission of the Church in this way: “The mission of the Church is to restore all people to unity with God and each other in Christ… The Church pursues its mission as it prays and worships, proclaims the Gospel, and promotes justice, peace, and love… The Church carries out its mission through the ministry of all its members.” BCP 1979 p. 855 Our worship and Christian education, our ministry in the larger community and our fellowship events all help us to be equipped for the ministry God calls us to as our mission. We draw on the strength and encouragement we together find in God to be able to offer loving and compassionate care for those outside our doors. Inviting new people into our parish family to share our hopes and their dreams is a pleasure and a delight. You have honored us with your visit to our website. You will find that you are always welcome at Saint Paul’s. If you are looking for a church home we would encourage you to join us for worship.
God’s peace be with you, Fr. Richard
Proposed New Bylaws
St. Paul’s Choir
for Sunday, January 25, 2015
- We want to welcome to all of you today. We are glad you are here to worship today. Please join us in the fellowship hall following this service for Coffee Hour.
- Once again it is our pleasure to have the Reverend Roger Walker as our worship leader and celebrant.
- J2A is offering to do chores as a way to earn extra money toward the pilgrimage to Italy. Contact Sidney Hardgrave, pick up a form at the front of the church, or use the one in the upcoming newsletter to utilize their offer.
- Altar Flower and Candle charts for 2015 are in the hallway if you would like to sign up. Flower donations are $30 and Candles $10.00.
- There are still some assigned offering envelopes for 2015 in Webb Hall for pickup. Contact the office if you would like to receive envelopes.
- Parish Lay leaders will have Morning Prayer each Wednesday at 12:05 in the Chapel.
- The new J2A group is starting to raise money. They are sponsoring a Shrove Tuesday Pancake Supper on February 17th. Sign-up sheets are available in Webb Hall.
- We welcome new Vestry members Keith Wyatt, Bob Jeffers and Tom Tindle. Sharon Graham will fill an unexpired term. Keith is Senior Warden and Susan Huck Junior Warden for the year.
In 1 John 4:16 we read, God is love.” God’s love is evident in his giving. “For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life” (John 3:16). Because of his love, God gave us the gift that we needed the most – our Savior. Out of love and gratitude for who God is and what he has done for us, we strive to live as Christ did. Through our giving, we become like him. The more we give from hearts filled with love and gratitude, the more we reflect Christ’s likeness.