We invite you to learn more about Saint Paul’s Episcopal Church – a welcoming and friendly community of Christians in Evansville, Indiana. We hope that what you find on our website will encourage you to join us for Sunday worship. We know that we will be enriched by your presence. Saint Paul’s is an historic parish, formed more than 150 years ago. We are proud of our roots and heritage; we are also excited about who we are now and who we are becoming. We are focused on being instruments of God’s compassion and reconciliation in the world. The Book of Common Prayer describes that mission of the Church in this way: “The mission of the Church is to restore all people to unity with God and each other in Christ… The Church pursues its mission as it prays and worships, proclaims the Gospel, and promotes justice, peace, and love… The Church carries out its mission through the ministry of all its members.” BCP 1979 p. 855 Our worship and Christian education, our ministry in the larger community and our fellowship events all help us to be equipped for the ministry God calls us to as our mission. We draw on the strength and encouragement we together find in God to be able to offer loving and compassionate care for those outside our doors. Inviting new people into our parish family to share our hopes and their dreams is a pleasure and a delight. You have honored us with your visit to our website. You will find that you are always welcome at Saint Paul’s. If you are looking for a church home we would encourage you to join us for worship.
God’s peace be with you,Fr. Richard
Sept 14, 2014
Mission Statement: Seeking God Loving People Changing the World
- We want to welcome to all of you today. We are glad you are here for worship and hope that you will join us in Webb Hall following the service for Coffee Hour. We are also continuing the sign-ups in Webb Hall for the ministries St. Paul’s offers. We need your help to have vital ministries.
- Remember to sign up to help in the Fall Festival booth.
- The Contemporary Service is tonight at 5:00 p.m.
- Mums may be picked following the service in the hallway between kitchen and parlor.
- Help is needed with Sr. Joanna’s Table on Saturday. St. Paul’s will assist with serving and cleanup.
- It’s newsletter time again. Articles for the October edition are due tomorrow.
- Vestry will meet Thursday night at 5:30 p.m.
CHRISTIAN GIVING IS NOT MEASURED BY THE
SIZE OF THE GIFT, BUT BY THE SIZE OF THE
“Each man should give what he has decided
in his heart to give, not reluctantly or under
compulsion, for God loves a cheerful giver”
(2 Corinthians 9:7).