We invite you to learn more about Saint Paul’s Episcopal Church – a welcoming and friendly community of Christians in Evansville, Indiana. We hope that what you find on our website will encourage you to join us for Sunday worship. We know that we will be enriched by your presence. Saint Paul’s is an historic parish, formed more than 150 years ago. We are proud of our roots and heritage; we are also excited about who we are now and who we are becoming. We are focused on being instruments of God’s compassion and reconciliation in the world. The Book of Common Prayer describes that mission of the Church in this way: “The mission of the Church is to restore all people to unity with God and each other in Christ… The Church pursues its mission as it prays and worships, proclaims the Gospel, and promotes justice, peace, and love… The Church carries out its mission through the ministry of all its members.” BCP 1979 p. 855 Our worship and Christian education, our ministry in the larger community and our fellowship events all help us to be equipped for the ministry God calls us to as our mission. We draw on the strength and encouragement we together find in God to be able to offer loving and compassionate care for those outside our doors. Inviting new people into our parish family to share our hopes and their dreams is a pleasure and a delight. You have honored us with your visit to our website. You will find that you are always welcome at Saint Paul’s. If you are looking for a church home we would encourage you to join us for worship.
God’s peace be with you,Fr. Richard
October 19, 2014
Mission Statement: Seeking God Loving People Changing the World
- We want to welcome to all of you today. We are glad you are here for (Blessing of the Animals and) worship and hope that you will join us in Webb Hall following the service for Coffee Hour.
- We welcome representatives of the Humane Society today. A box for gift donations is in Webb Hall. Monetary gifts may be given to Kim Bean.
- The Contemporary Service is tonight at 5:00 p.m.
- Be sure and sign-up for the Italian Dinner with the Rome slide show by Bob Jeffers Saturday night at 5:30.
- We are collecting Jiffy cornbread mix for the Evansville Rescue Mission’s Thanksgiving food baskets. Our goal is 500 boxes.
- Today you can sign up friends and family to be remembered in our All Saints Day Necrology.
- Diocesan Convention is this week. Please pray for the Convention and the delegates.
- Next Sunday Shane O’Neill will bring the message.
- ****(10:30) We celebrate the birth of Conner Black, son of Aaron and Breanna Black, born on Tuesday the 14th.
In 1 John 4:16 we read, God is love.” God’s love is evident in his giving. “For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life” (John 3:16). Because of his love, God gave us the gift that we needed the most – our Savior. Out of love and gratitude for who God is and what he has done for us, we strive to live as Christ did. Through our giving, we become like him. The more we give from hearts filled with love and gratitude, the more we reflect Christ’s likeness.